Friday, March 28, 2008

Lunch Post

Hello,
Long time no see. Everyday I hope to squeeze in a lunch post about what I am eating lately. I have some staples I have been falling back on. They are simple, quick, and good.

<3's
Pea


Pad Thai
There are many wonderful complex recipes for raw pad thai. This is not one of them, but it is fresh and tangy. This is my lunch today.

Ingredients:
Noodle Salad
1 bag Mung Bean Sprouts
1 Cucumber, peeled, juliened, or spiralized into noodles (stop when you hit the seeds)
1 Carrot
peeled, juliened, or spiralized into noodles
1 Handful of Cilantro
1 Sprinkling of chopped Nuts
Cut all the veggies into noodle like shapes. Toss these ingredients in a bowl.

Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Tamarind Paste
2 Tablespoons of Nut Butter
1 Soaked date or spoonful of sweetner
1 inch piece of peeled ginger
1 garlic
1 Teaspoon of Bragg's
1/4 cup of water or lime juice
Put all these ingredients in to a blender and blend. Add more water slowly if needed to reach desired sauce consistency. I like mine thicker. Pour the sauce over the veggie noodles and mix.


No comments: