Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sarma's Cilantro Shake Variation


I saw this drink that Sarma posted on www.welikeitraw.com. I have been craving it since I saw it. I had most of the ingredients earlier in the week but no Cilantro. This morning I had the Cilantro but ran out of the other ingredients so I blended this up instead. Yum!


Tools: Blender
Serving Size: 1 person



1 apple: my favorite is Fuji (always crisp, firm, not overly sweet or mealy).
One bad apple ruins the bunch. I would not suggest Gala or Red Delicious.
1/2 a cucumber
1/4 cup of Lemon Juice
3/4 cup of Water (Use a Grapefruit or Oranges if you have it.)
A big Handful of Fresh Cilantro
1 teaspoon of grated ginger or 1/2 inch ginger chunk.
Sweetener to taste (optional)

Cut up the apple and cucumber if your blender is weak like mine. Add all the ingredients and blend. I did not add sweetener because the apple was sweet enough for me and I did not have to sweeten tart citrus fruit in addition to the bit of Lemon Juice used.

1 comment:

Dhrumil said...

This is my fav smoothie.